Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

2.23.2008

Wacom tablets!!

Today we learned how to use the Wacom pad in Corel Painter. OMG! i loaded a scanned line drawing onto Painter and began working with it .... it is really fun. See work (Snettisham) on right. Got out a bit early today because it's a gorgeous day here. Barbara C and i went to the State Museum to see the Garry Kaulitz exhibit, there until 29th of March. His work is beautiful - in both design and colors....very much his story (history) of 64 years of life as told by his 15 x 22-inch, and the 30 x 59-inch monoprints. I loved it....go! Kaulitz's work is titled Sankofa, an Akan (African) word that means, "We must go back and reclaim our past so we can move forward; so we understand why and how we came to be who we are today."