Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

9.05.2008

Returning to UAS classes!



UAS (University of Alaska-Southeast) classes started August 28. I am taking the History of Modern Art and Beginning Painting, both taught by Artist/Professor Jane Terzis.

First thing we did in painting was a color chart - so great for getting back (after a 38 year break) to mixing oils to see what happens.

Our next assignment is to "paint sky" which is sometimes very calming and in the next moment very frustrating.

No comments: