Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

1.27.2011

Red


 Ok, here is the progression from the sketch (see Jan 15). 








































This is the final painting, oil on canvas, approx. 9 x 15".

5 comments:

Maggie Latham said...

Very interesting pose and I love the marks in the gesso?...I love all the texture you are using, it really makes the figures interesting.

Teri said...

Yep, that is gesso i laid-on thickly and swirly. Thanks!

Mariela said...

Do you speak Greek???????????
It is a very interesting painting, I agree with Maggie about the texture...

Teri said...

No, no Mariela...i wish i spoke Greek (and a lot of other languages). I just did a translation google search... There are many people who comment on your blog in Greek and I have no idea what they are saying. (It would take too much time to copy and paste into the translation site...) Oh well! I really love that we are communicating from so far away!

Katerina said...

This is great! Nice diagonal.