Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

1.15.2011

Painting


These are some preparation sketches on gessoed canvas (top) & panel (bottom). Getting ready to paint. Bottom is just a sketch done with sand.

4 comments:

Mariela said...

Interesting... waiting to see the paintings!

Maggie Latham said...

I love the gesture of these. I'm intrigued now by your word 'sand'...... how have you used it....?

Teri said...

Maggie, I had some sand we used for painting our boat-deck and sprinkled it on the wet gesso. I hope to paint in oil and then when it dries - use pastel! We'll see...

Maggie Latham said...

Wow! Sounds very interesting, I'm sure the sand will work great as a ground for both oil and pastel.