Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

6.02.2011

Yellow Tulip

Acrylic on sandpaper, 5 x 3.25"

Just messing around with my acrylics again. This tulip was outside Matt's apartment. Not sure there is enough value differences, but it's ok.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely one!

Teri said...

Carol,
Thank you for your comments! It is cool you are from Maine and I live in Alaska!
Teri

Mariela said...

Hi, how are you??
I think it's beautiful!
I like the contrast between the yellow tulip and the blue grey background...
I know I'm absent at this moment, I'm preparing three personal exhiobitions for the summer in the islands.
Hope to catch up during July and August...

Teri said...

Good to hear from you Mariela! Thanks for the comments on my little tulip. Doing fine down here in Southern Oregon reuniting with my husband who has been working here. We will be traveling until the end of June.
Wow 3 exhibits! Which islands? Congratulations and best of luck with your shows!