Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

5.27.2012

Zoom In #6 Finished


After Sydney Mortimer Laurence (1865–1940), The Silent Pool

Oil on canvas, 8 x 8"
The limited palette on this Zoom In:
ultramarine blue, cadmium yellow medium, alizaron crimson, white, black.

This yellow is so orange that I could not get the lime green 
that Laurence had for the mid-distance trees and the pool. And I do
not like to use pure black out of the tube, so I added the crimson or the blue
for what I hoped would be a bit of richness.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

This is beautiful! I love the combination of the colors.