Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.18.2012

Bird sketch


2" x 5", pencil on paper
 
...would love to go.

I love Odd Nerdrum's paintings. 
Never thought of describing his art as kitsch. 
However, there is some talk of a new branch of art called Kitsch.

I looked up kitsch in some online dictionaries and found:
 
: something that appeals to popular or lowbrow taste and is often of poor quality
and
: something of tawdry design, appearance, or content created to appeal to popular or undiscriminating taste
and
: works of art and other objects (such as furniture) that are meant to look costly but actually are in poor taste
 
   Also
Origin: 1925–30;  German,  derivative of kitschen - to throw together (a work of art)
 
Could lead to some good discussion at our salons.

No comments: