Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.17.2012

Faces #3 begins


Here is the beginning of my next Faces painting.
 I am really loving this series.

These are all going to be on gessoed 
Masonite panel and all 6" x 6".

To help fit these small panels on my easel, I cut out a "tray"-like piece from foam-core that just fits the panel and my easel snugs them down so I can paint without shadows.

It takes a bit of work to dig out the foam but it is fine for now.
 
One of these days I would love an inset built specifically for small works,
something like this from Karen Jurick, a wonderful artist whose blog I follow.

Hope you have a good week!

No comments: