Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

12.06.2012

Ft Laramie, WY

Ft Laramie Nat'l Park, 8 x 10, oil study on panel
Here is a close up. It was really windy and the dust was aflyin':


If you click on it, you see all the dust in the paint! 
A little insect got stuck, but then blew away.

Here is the scene.


I did make it a bit more colorful than real life ... guess I had on my rose-tinted glasses again... or are they orange-tinted?
It was dramatic out there. 
I had a sense of urgency because the wind was whipping so.
Found a good painting spot - sort of out of the main wind coming from the N.

No comments: