Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.01.2013

Before the Rain

Southeast Alaska weather turned in the night - from real summer with sunshine and everything - to hard wet rain today! Maybe it has to get it out of its system.
After pulling lots of alder from our side yard, before it got too big, I set up my pochade box there in the yard and had about an hour's worth of painting before it was time to help prepare dinner.
I thought I may have ruined this painting but then I put a couple of finishing touches on at about midnight last night in the studio and now I like it!
This was painted with water soluble paints and a palette knife (mostly). There is nothing to judge scale, but from the bottom of that old scrap of a tree at the bottom of the painting to the top of the tallest Indian Rhubarb is 5 or 6 feet.
I broke the centering rule (do not center things in your painting) but I like how it turned out.


Before the Rain   10" x 8"   oil on prepared board


This does not look like it does in real life, unfortunately.


Here is the value shot.




Wishing everyone a very happy Independence Day! ...coming up on Thursday!!!

Thank you for taking a peek at my blog.

No comments: