Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.13.2013

#9 Faces - Fini!



Thank you for all your guesses!



Kongar-ol Ondar      oil on panel     5.5" x 6"

This guy is Kongar-ol Ondar (March 29, 1962 – July 25, 2013) 
who was a throatsinger from Tuva, a small Russian republic north of Mongolia.

I thought he was so interesting when I happened to run across a YouTube video of him on the Letterman show that I took a screen shot and thought I might make a "Faces" of him.

When I learned that he recently died at the age of 51 (!) I thought I would do this as a sort of tribute to him. He seemed a very nice, jolly guy. 
I did find myself smiling as I was painting him!

 I guess it is said that throatsinging is very hard on the body. He died of a massive brain hemorrhage.

The Los Angeles Times had THIS article on him.

With this painting, I have 9 to form a nice square, 
so perhaps I will have them up in an exhibit someday!



Thank you so much for viewing my art.

No comments: