Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.03.2014

Husband as Abstract


Abstract
 
-->
- expressing ideas and emotions by using elements such as colors and lines without attempting to create a realistic picture
Medieval Latin abstractus, from Latin, past participle of abstrahere to drag away, from abs-, ab- + trahere to pull, draw


From en.wikipedia.org
Abstract art uses a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world.


Abstract art can be divided into two distinct categories:
Objective abstract art
Objective abstract art is an art which depicts the concrete physical object in simplified, or distorted, or exaggerated form; the depicted object may only constitute an indirect reference or an allusion to the original natural subject.

Non-objective abstract art
Non-objective (non-representational) abstract art is an art which emphasizes color, form, structure and composition, and which is completely dissociated from representational art.


So, my Serendipity painting was getting a bit abstract - got me interested in doing a totally abstracted, non-representational painting.






untitled as yet       8 x 6 inches      oil on Arches oil paper
Tentative titles for this painting: "Matt as an Abstract Painting" or "Dissociated Matt".

You are probably wondering why.
Well, I used the very cool painting app/tool, Artrage, and took a photo of Matt and abstracted the shapes and colors. This is the result which I transferred into real paint.



Thanks for viewing my adventures in art!

No comments: