Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.24.2014

K River Paintings - Day 1


After thinking about this for MANY years
 i have embarked on a new painting project

... one that has deep meaning for me ... 

i will work with my poor quality photos and
the journal i kept on the trip

i look forward to re-tracing our steps
because the whole thing was rather bold

for now i'll call it K River - Journey On Foot

*

first it was in our minds
then it was with our feet

a journey not many like us had made before us
but many have done it since
(usually the other direction using river power)
not foot power

re-living it by seeing our photos
reading those journals

and

bringing the trip to life still again
in a painting or two (or more)
!

- first sketch, pencil -

Tussocks and Eriophorum   about 2" x 2"

So, this is my first thumbnail sketch, but not the first in actual chronologic time.

 I am going to do some six by six inch little studies on Arches Oil Paper, in oils.

I am going to paint in square format for the "real thing"
which are about 24 x 24 inches.
 A fairly good size ...

No comments: