Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.11.2014

K River - 3B AND notes on another art blogger!


I wasn't able to paint much yesterday, and not very much today 
but I will show you what I have so far.
What the heck, here are photos of my mark-making beginnings
with oil paint (mostly palette knife).
Starting with the mountains and the sky....




There is tons of difference taking the photo when you change the "focus" point. 
Here (the photo above) the camera focused on the fore and mid-ground, 
and you can't really see the sky paint.


This photo shows more sky and a blacker fore-mid ground. Both are interesting.

Just getting going with paint. SO - MUCH - FUN!

Here is an aside that I just have to post today: 

I follow lots of art blogs.

One of them is by woman in England named Sheila Vaughan. Her blog post from yesterday rang my bell so perfectly that I just had to refer you to it. (ya gotta click on that link)

She doesn't write a TON and she has such a fun, exploratory attitude about painting that I am always happy to see what she posts ... uh, yeah I signed up to receive her blog posts ...

She has a short but sweet post for June 10 and one of her points is:
"I love people to see my work and my working process, but I paint primarily for me."

 Ding-ding-ding! That is how I feel as well.

Thank you for viewing my art process ...
and (hopefully) my progress!





No comments: