Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.05.2014

Juneau, Alaska's Thane Beach plein-air


Well I forgot that I was supposed to post this yesterday, but no one complained,
so here are the sketches and photos from the morning (about 2 hours).


Thumbnail sketch below - quite horrible but it helps me get my bearings.



It was a sunny, not too windy day.


Got my Bestbrella up!




I got this thing home and noticed many things wrong, 
so I did finish it in the studio. I think it is finished anyway...
Not sure why the cropped version didn't load...tried it twice.

Thane Beach    oil on Multimedia lightweight art panel, 10 x 8 inches

The rusty roofed building in the middle ground is an old warehouse 
associated with one of the Juneau gold mines.



No comments: