Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.04.2014

Wiseman, Alaska Old Post Office plein-air painting


Weather in the Brooks Range was rainy the day after we drove up the Haul Road to Galbraith Lake and so was the next and the next ...

... so we went back to Fairbanks.

But before we left I did have the chance to begin a painting sketch of
 the old Wiseman Post Office.

In the rain. (reminded us of SE Alaska...)


I made a sketch, it is not as small as a thumbnail but serves as one.

5 x 8 inches




If you look closely you will see the raindrops!

The painting will have to be finished in the studio, 
or maybe I will take it back up with me when we go to Wiseman next summer?



No comments: