Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.12.2014

30in30 - Day 12


Best Apple (in my opinion)

Small sketch



in progress, before the apple colors


My Fav - Gravenstein!         5 x 6 inches        Oil on Arches Oil Paper
This color is very harsh, not sure why. The painting doesn't look quite as bright as this.



This is what it looks like on the easel.




This was a knife painting, except for the sig.

If you have never tasted a Gravenstein apple, I feel so sorry for you. They make the best pies and applesauce in the whole world.
I can't believe there aren't very many around any more.

I brought a bunch (enough for a pie!!!) home, so I need to make a crust pretty soon. They are awaiting their demise in my refrigerator!


Make sure to stop by Leslie Saeta's Blog to see all of the 30in30 paintings.
Note: There were over 1000 people signed up, but I have been noticing that "only" between 200 and 400 post each day ...

Thanks for keeping up. Please stay tuned!


2 comments:

Donna Grandin said...

Hmm ... I'll have to look out for that variety, I'm not familiar with it. I'm enjoying doing fruits & veg for the 30 in 30 too, great only having to go as far as the kitchen to find something to paint!

Teri said...

Donna, the Gravenstein is so good. I do wonder if you find anyone in your neck of the woods who knows it?
Cheers!