Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

10.25.2014

30 Paintings framed and ready ...



Ok, so this is not one of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days ... 
but it IS a pic on a fun app that you can use to draw stuff WITH your friends on either an iPhone or iPad (maybe other things too). 
It is from Draw Something by Zynga.

I love it! It is a way to stay in touch with family and friends, too.

... anyway, here are a couple of shots of the 30in30 work:

 

 

Photos of my studio table with all of the paintings finished ... and that means: 

waxing and buffing with Dorland's Wax Medium 
painting the frames my husband made
attaching little hangers to the back
making foam core backing (because these paintings were on Arches Oil Paper) 
and writing on them all. 
Whew! It took a couple of weeks working a little each day to get them finished. (There were 30 of the darn things, remember...)

I hope to have a show of these somewhere in Juneau someday, 
because I do think most of them turned out very nicely.

You may, if you look at the photo above, notice my cloth bag that says, 

eat. 
sleep. 
paint.

I got that for my birthday one year. 
I follow an artist named Carol Marine who had them available and it is perfect! You really should check out her blog, and her new painting book, Daily Painting. I have already pre-ordered her new book that is coming out, I think, on November 4. 

We will be heading to the Islands (Hawaii) on Friday, so will not be posting too much. But I will be bringing painting and drawing stuff and will try to post as much as I can.

Thanks for checking in and leaving comments or signing up for email posts.

Happy painting!




 



No comments: