Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.26.2014

Kaloko Honokohau National Historical Park


The Kaloko Honokohau National Historical Park is not too far away from Kailua, and a beautiful place, very meaningful for native Hawaiians, and everyone!

We spent several hours here. It is the first time I have ever plein-air painted in my swim suit! 
(There will be NO photos of me painting, unless major cropping is done.)

Anyway, here is the initial sketch ...



 yes ... I put some words in the sketch to help me remember what was what ...


Here is the setting. We set the bestbrella up but didn't really need it. It was there in case the sun dappled through the leaves and onto the palette or panel.



Here is my beginning. Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to post the rest.

Meanwhile today is Thanksgiving.

 ~ Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i ~

I wish all of you the best Thanksgiving ever! I am thankful for all of my family and friends far and wide AND so thankful I am able to paint.



 
 

No comments: