Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.24.2014

Punalu'u

Punalu'u is a black sand beach on the southeastern edge of the Big Island of Hawaii.
I set up my painting box in the shade of the coco palms in the mid afternoon. Tons of people were on the beach, most of them heading directly for the Green Sea Turtles Chelonia mydas basking on the beach in a little lava rock surround. A sign said to stay at least 25 feet away but some people were stepping over the rocks to get a better photo ...

Here are some in-progress shots. Matt is my official photographer. :)



Still have a teensy bit of tweaking to do on the painting, but not too much. Will hopefully post tomorrow, if not out painting, or SUP-ing, or snorkeling, or eating Laulau with poi.

Aloha!
 
 

No comments: