Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

4.04.2015

Switzer Creek/Lemon Creek


The Plein Rein painting group met at Coppa this morning 
and decided where our painting spot would be
 on this glorious Juneau spring day.

We decided on an area in the Lemon Creek neighborhood near Switzer Creek.

Here are some shots of the day.

Jim, measuring for scale.

 Progressing ... he is painting in acrylic but the brushstrokes look like oil. 

 Cristine and Steve, with my set up (see umbrella) in the distance.

 Nancy with a sweet small landscape on her canvas.

My blocking in painting and set-up near the creek.

It was a start. 
I did not finished before we noticed the tide was coming in.
I may finish this in the studio, or perhaps go back.

Happy Easter tomorrow!


No comments: