Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.09.2015

Traveling Chick Here, then Gone!

A very quick but entirely entertaining visit!

Little TC was kind of silly 
when we were trying to find her a pose for me to paint:


TC posing with a Minion was something that thrilled HER, 
but not me ... (nothing against Minions, understand).


She tried posing with my husband's carved birds!
Top bird is an American Dipper and of course below
are male and female Rufous Hummingbirds
but, I didn't think it was quite working ...

 We walked down to Sandy Beach on Douglas Island
& found a cool old-old-old rusted chain - one of the many remnants of the old Treadwell Gold Mine
(that link has TONS of info, grab a cup of tea ...)

There were some very old pilings to explore.

 The mainland and the city of Juneau is in the background.  TC was so curious about the old pumphouse, but it's not that easy to climb onto ... and I think it is probably frowned upon. (The link takes you to info about its restoration.)

 This is the best we could do.

Tomorrow, more portrait-posing photos 
and the real painting! 
(well, a picture of it ...)
 

 

1 comment:

Azra said...

Hi Teri, I'm so proud to see my little travelling chicken in all these amazing places, and to be painted by such talented artists from all over the world!!! You asked about the speed of the traffic in my painting, at a guess I would say about 80mph. I look forward to seeing your version of TC soon. xxx