Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

8.13.2015

Summertime


Crazy how fast 10 days fly by!

I've been taking down paintings from my June/July show at Coppa Ice Cream and Coffee shop -

30Paintings30Days (Stuff in my Refrigerator)        prints available!    $50/each unframed

- delivering the sold paintings (10 sold!) to the new owners, 
painting on my own, 
painting with Plein Rein 
and working on the triptych. 

I guess that is why time is flying.

The other day my friend, her two little boys and I went on a walk 
and afterward I grabbed my backpack and went out onto the tidal flats and did a painting 
that I scraped all the way off before I came home.  

I worked on it in the studio the next day and it came out like this:

Tidelands      oils on birch panel     6 x 8 inches
Which was mostly what I was striving for out there. I am fairly happy with it.



I will give you more peeks at the triptych in the next day or so!

Happy painting and/or viewing!

And thank you for checking in to this blog!





No comments: