Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.06.2015

October Carnations


It is raining.

But that is normal for this SE Alaska Rainforest.
This is my world.
Image from http://www.theearthconnection.org


But, it is quite cold rain, so as promised, 
here are phots of the bouquet, and the support I painted on.





The panel was something I had begun and abandoned. Take good note, do not toss your unfinished panels ... you just never know ...


By the way, this painting has sold! (To a wonderful artist and friend and perhaps I will feature her here on this blog one day, if she wants.)
Very exciting. Now to figure out the frame. Anyone want to volunteer ideas? 
Width, color(s)?

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Love your photo! Looks like my neighborhood outside of Portland, OR. It's rainy, not too cold, but REALLY green. Green is good!

Great advice on keeping unfinished panels & the use of self-restraint. Tossers, scrapers, rippers - silly how we refer to unsatisfying paintings. And look at what a beautiful painting you got!

Framing? I like keeping things simple with contemporary black floater frames you can just plop paintings into from the front. That's not necessarily good advice, but it works for me. I used to be an exhibition chair for a large art group & had lots of dealings with gallery owners. Most insisted on simple black frames, but it's more of a personal issue when you decide to put artwork in your home. The best advice, of course, is to just make sure the frame doesn't compete with the painting, but you probably already know that...

Teri said...

Hey Chris - we are working on the frame right now and I am going with a 2" wide one and I know black is a good choice, and it may be good for this painting, but - I am going to try a little something to see if it works. Yes! Framing to complement the painting is very important! ... and ugh, it is really windy and rainy today here. :(