Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.06.2016

Day 6 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

 

"There are moments in our lives, 
there are moments in a day, 
when we seem to see beyond the usual. 
Such are the moments of our greatest happiness. 
Such are the moments of our greatest wisdom. 
If one could but recall his vision by some sort of sign. 
It was in this hope that the arts were invented. 
Sign-posts on the way to what may be. 
Sign-posts toward greater knowledge." - Robert Henri


Doing this Challenge is my kickstart to get back to painting after the run up to 
and then thru the holidays. Making it fun is most important for me.

If you have NOT read Robert Henri's book The Art Spirit
I would like to introduce it to you by way of a quote from him now and then, 
or perhaps every day ... along with my word or phrase of the day! 
His quote above is the first in his book, after the foreword.

(Hope I do not step on my commitment to be less blog-wordy . . .)

WIND

1:30 pm Juneau (Mt Roberts)       6 x 8 inches     oil on Arches Huile Paper
Thank you for viewing my art!
:)

2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Wow! What beautiful brushwork!! Wind - Brrr. Good day to stay off the mountain.

Love Robert Henri. Good reminder to pull out his book. And that quote is just awesome. I wish there were more moments like that.

Teri said...

Thank you Chris - Many times I feel those moments of great seeing/happiness/wisdom just take focus ... we must settle down and become more observant.