Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.01.2016

Plunging in -


- to what feels like uncertain waters.
I guess that's the nature of artistic endeavors sometimes ...

I'm beginning work on a small commission; it will be a fun challenge!  

Also working on a small - for now - body of work about bodies!

Here is the progression for the first "body" painting from this photo 
(and grid) from a video screenshot:


Charcoal sketch

 I used a dark gray gesso for this one.

This shows completed charcoal sketch
 set with an alcohol wash.










Shoulder Press         8 x 8 inches     oil on canvas




The gal's wrist in the photo was not demonstrating good form,
so of course I had to correct that. I took a photo of my own hand holding a dumbbell.



Thank you so much for viewing my art.
Happy June 1st!

No comments: