Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.13.2017

In the Midst ...


... of 

the 71st Annual Golden North Salmon Derby (Aug 11-13)

the misty cool rainforest

and the Plein Rein painters
@
The Gruening Cabin in Juneau, Alaska.

Distant Fog Bank - Lynn Canal      9 x 12 inches     oil on canvas panel

Yesterday we again trundled out 
to Amalga Harbor and the Gruening Cabin.

A small but serious group of painters visiting 
and painting with Carole.

Here are photos of the day:

Carole Baker with her 24 x 24 oil painting of the trail and woods behind the cabin.


Gorgeous painting - and "it isn't even finished" she said!

Carole has 2 blogs; one for her watercolors:

HERE

and her other blog

HERE.


The first thing I did when we got there was look for a place to paint.
I sat on a stump there in front of the cabin to gaze out at the water ...
when I stood up I realized I sat in pitch!
Jane saved the day with some OMS
which got the pitch off very well.

My set up

My scene

Thumbnail

Canvas panel toned with orangish underpainting

My start

Patrick is painting with palette knife from the porch

 It was raining so since I had an umbrella, I joined Patrick outside. 
The others painted inside the cozy cabin.

Jay brought a photo to work on in acrylics

Those colors are beautiful for his ice berg and its reflection. (Love those camo pants!)
Michelle, Jay and Carole working in the cabin.


Jane painted the little table bouquet.


I wanted to try to use just one brush and one palette knife for this painting.
I did it.
But it was hard not pulling out another brush!



Thank you to everyone who takes a peek at this blog. 
I appreciate it!
Happy Painting!




3 comments:

The4yearitch said...

One brush and knife? Impressive.

The4yearitch said...

One brush,1 knife is impressive. I admire your discipline.

Teri said...

So, it isn't a big painting, so not too bad when you wipe off your brush well! Thanks for your comment "The4yearitch" xo