Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

4.21.2017

Lost Horizon III - 9th of 11 paintings in the March JAHC show


The abstracted landscape. 


Van Gogh did it.



 Turner did it. 



Many painters abstracted what their eyes saw - 
or maybe some people actually see that way? ...


Whatever the case, I also had a goal to abstract a landscape
and the following shots show some of the process for Lost Horizon III.

Color slapped on.


Adding texture in places with acrylic crackle paste.

Almost there ... it needed something ... there was energy ...

It needed still more action! Got my arm & body into it.

Lost Horizon III        2017   Oil on wood panel   30 x 36 inches






Thanks so very much for viewing my art!


2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

NICE one, Teri!!

Teri said...

Thanks for your comment, Chris!