Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

2.13.2011

Skull Drawing

Since I am studying the figure and we have such a nice skeleton in our studio, I am beginning with the skull. Pastel pencil on black Canson paper. 9 x 9".

5 comments:

Mariela said...

Very good idea! I also do that to my stydents, before painting portraits. It helps understand the proportions of head.
Your drawing has power!!!

Teri said...

Thanks so much Mariela. So do you regularly teach drawing/painting?

Maggie Latham said...

Wow! I have never drawn a scull before....kind of looks difficult...

Teri said...

Hey Maggie! the skull is really very cool. I am lucky to have a real human skeleton in our classroom studio. I used a viewfinder to narrow my field for drawing. It is a bit difficult, but you get the idea of the form of a human head. I will try other angles, too.

Mariela said...

yes, I love teaching... I have students in my studio, I organize small workshops and I teach via the net (in greek).