Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

4.23.2013

New practice work - Day 1


 On my easel right now is a prepared board on which I am doing 

a "cover" of one of Alfred Sisley's paintings.

This one has water, sky and distant trees - 

good for me to try to render in a similar way. 

Of course the photo I am using is in a book and 
very small, so really hard to copy exactly ...

I don't want to copy it exactly anyway. 

I am taking my time, but not trying to mimic -

 just getting a similar feeling, I hope.


These two shots were of my trying to get the values started,
and I did add a little color.


No comments: