Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.23.2013

New practice work - Day 1


 On my easel right now is a prepared board on which I am doing 

a "cover" of one of Alfred Sisley's paintings.

This one has water, sky and distant trees - 

good for me to try to render in a similar way. 

Of course the photo I am using is in a book and 
very small, so really hard to copy exactly ...

I don't want to copy it exactly anyway. 

I am taking my time, but not trying to mimic -

 just getting a similar feeling, I hope.


These two shots were of my trying to get the values started,
and I did add a little color.


No comments: