Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.22.2013

Virtual Paintout, June 2013 - The Azores


 Begin

 Street View - a lake in the Azores    oil on prepared panel    5" x 7"


is on one of nine Azore islands in the North Atlantic west of Lisbon, Portugal. 
My favorite part of this painting is the lady with her arm outstretched like Lewis and Clark.




I haven't submitted this to the virtual paintout, yet. 
This painting is on a panel that had some acrylic base paint of test colors. 
I just painted over the top with white gesso and that is the ground for this little painting.
Not quite sure it works, 
but I can tell you that it looks much better in person than in a photo.

No comments: