Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

8.20.2020

Strong Women Series #8 - Supplication "Myrtle"


For painting #8 in this series, I found an image
 in a free image site online that I really liked, 
so I messed around with it a bit 
until I found something I thought might work. 
I guess it is kind of a double exposure sort of thing.

The following photos show the progression of the painting.
I didn't take as many as I usually do.











When I came to painting the hands,
I zoomed in on the photo to help me. 
Of course they're not exactly right, but that's ok.



Supplication "Myrtle"   oil on Masonite   18 x 12 inches

I just learned this new thing on the new Blogger format, that if you scroll over the image the title appears. I hope it works, but until I know for sure, I am going to write it under the photo.

So I think Myrtle is a strong woman. She takes no guff and appreciates life.

Is she a strong woman in your mind?

I so appreciate that you stopped by to take a look!

If you have questions about my work,
please do not hesitate to send me an email.
Or comment on this (but if you want a private answer
you will have to give me your contact, on my email). 

My email address is in my introduction at the top on the right side of the blog.

Ok, I have two more paintings to reveal in the coming weeks. I can't wait to show you.
I can't wait to have a show of these paintings!

I hope you are safe and well.

🎨


No comments: