Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.04.2024

Welcome the New Year - 2024!


Happiest New Year to you!

It is time to continue work on a brand new painting
that I began at the end of December.

This was a pretty bouquet for our table.


 I wanted to turn it into a Christmas bouquet painting, or at
least, a winter bouquet painting.

This is my first sketch using the Art Graf 
water soluble graphite stick that I got as a
xmas gift from my dear artist friend, Timi 
(she also gave me some gouache paint tubes to experiment with!
... and I have begun doing that).

Using just a round paintbrush, wetted with water
 I scrubbed the graphite around.

This is about 9" x 6"


Here are the photos of my progress when I
remembered to take them.


You may have noticed that I switched the
position of the plate. Why? I just liked it.

(note to those who really look at things closely,
I did something different than just decide to
switch the plate ... I am curious if anyone
knows what happened. Let me know.)


 adding color





Still Life with Pomegranate
oil on Masonite
 12 1/4" x 7 3/8"






Thank you for checking into my studio journal. My plan
is to continue this journal/blog, so feel free to
pop in now and then.

all the best to you in this new year,

Teri  🎨



No comments: