Welcome! This blog began as an assignment in a digital art class. That was in 2008. I decided to keep it going as my art journal. It is fascinating for me to see how a painting develops, so this is where I post my painting progressions and exciting new things I find on creative blogs and websites. I hope you will learn along with me about painting, drawing and all kinds of art.

3.26.2014

Really Slovenia


Ok, confession time. 
I thought I had found a Google street view for Slovenia, but it was not ... it was Croatia! 
So I am re-doing the March VPO painting (good thing March is long). 
I found a nice Google street-scene in Slovenia and it has a cool house it in.

Here is the beginning. I decided to do it on Arches Oil paper. It is kind of hard to initially paint on because it sucks up the paint pretty fast - the first layer seems to dry like watercolor.



No comments: