We were well underway painting already at 9:00 am!
|Painting away at the Anderson Mill Garden Center|
|I appreciated Nancy's quick evaluation of what each of us was doing right, or showing us what we may have missed. So spot on!|
Day 3 - Nancy Tankersley's demo was a portrait.
She had taken photos of some Civil War re-inactors
and for the demo, she chose one fellow who was particularly intriguing.
|Using her iPad, she sketched out the shapes and blocked-out (mapped) the features.|
|Wonderful likeness of this bearded gent.|
This is my painting after I added some color.
Really fun! (but hard)
|I learned so much about value in this workshop.|
9. Reminder of my goal to document our time/era (petit genre paintings)
10. Connect the lights and the darks !
11. If a shape is in the shadow, the paint value will stay in the shadow ...
12. ... and vice versa for light
13. Think about the planes of the body
14. Do your notan (that link has a good explanation of notan)
15. Simplify - shapes, values, colors
16. Suggest - no detail!
Thanks for following along. One more day to document.