Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.29.2013

Familiar

Familiar - 5.5 x 4.5, Water miscible oil on oil-stained Wallis paper



Amazed that my bouquet is still going strong!

I have a feeling that these water-soluble oil paints kind of darken a bit when they dry. 
Does anyone out there in the blogosphere know anything about this?
I haven't used them long enough to know...but I do like how easily they clean up.

2 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

Hi Teri,
I use water mixable oils all the time ( I also love the easy soap n water clean up too- I'm a messy painter)..but I found some are creamier than others.I like Holbein,Max Grumbacher and Lukas. Winsor & Newton seem like such a struggle..for me anyway..to get them to move around smoothly.I also like to tone my canvas (or paper) first with a mix of ultramarine blue and either burnt sienna or trans oxide red. Love your posts! Adriana

Teri said...

Hi Adriana! Hey thanks so much for letting me know about the water mixable oil that you like. I am using W & N. Sounds like I need to try the other kinds.
Do you also thin them with water if you need to, or is there a medium that is better?
Glad you check in now and then! Thank you so much!
Teri