Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.12.2013

Sketching without glasses






I have been thinking about value a lot lately. 
Also thinking about simplifying and ridding unecessary detail in both drawing and painting. 

So I took off my glasses and sketched a few things from life. 
It was always fun to put my glasses back on to see what I drew.


These last two are images are sketched from the interwebs:



Composition is of course something I think about, too, 
along with many other painting "rules". 
The cup in the sketch above is smack dab in the center, but it is ok here...I wouldn't necessarily paint it this way.

It is cold here in WY today! 7°!


No comments: