Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.28.2013

Amalga Harbor plein air/studio painting


It is still July for a couple more days 
and we have had some resplendent days here in Juneau lately. 
June was pretty darn nice too!

Weekend activities included biking out to the
with our good friends Rick and Dayna.

Then today Matt and I hiked to Granite Creek Basin 
with more good friends Julia, Liesl and sweet dogs Chelsea and Ayla.

This next little series of photos show the progression of a little painting from the Plein Rein Painters annual retreat (March), which I wrote about about earlier in the year.

This painting began on our last day of the painting retreat and we were only out about an hour when it began to snow, so we booked it out of there. 
But I had enough paint down and had some reference photos 
to finish the painting in the studio just a few days ago.

I will begin with the sketch, previously posted on 3/13/13:




Next is the rough-in, which I had not previously posted.


Tomorrow I will post again with another progression and the finished photo of the painting. 
Getting a little tired after hiking 7-8 miles today!

Thanks for viewing!

No comments: