Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.13.2013

The Yellow Raincoat - plein air



Today I went with the Juneau Plein Rein painters up Basin Road to a Gold Creek gravelbar. 
This spot is where lots of tourists go to pan for gold. 
The foot bridge in the picture leads over to the mining museum.

The day began with low clouds threatening rain, but as the morning progressed, the clouds thinned and blue sky appeared! I painted for about two hours on this little 6x6 panel. Forgot my palette knife so I was forced to use brushes!

We saw a Harlequin female duck with her ducklings in the fast flowing stream. They literally ran across the swift current to cross the river, seeming fearless!


The Yellow Raincoat    oil    6" x 6"

(I will get back to my Charleston painting in a bit.)

Thanks for looking and making a comment!

No comments: