Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

9.15.2013

North Douglas plein air II

 



 Yesterday I did two paintings and here is the second one. 

I did work fast on purpose for both paintings
 because I tend to nitpick if I go too long ... who doesn't?

You can sort of see the cloud cover in the sky here 
and as you head south, it breaks up!

From the Beach     8" x 10"    oil on Multimedia Artboard

 Multimedia Artboard is very lightweight and tough. It is really great for pastels, but I tried it with oils and this actually may be an underpainting for a future pastel painting. Once the paint is on the board there is NO removing it. I liked the black surface in this case, too.



No comments: