Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

1.25.2014

Painting Clark



Quite some time ago, I painted a portrait of my nephew, Grant. 
I was taking an oil painting class with one of my favorite artist/teachers, Jane Terzis.
I didn't save progression paintings from Grant's painting (at least I can't find them right now). To make it easier on myself, I painted it upside down ... 
the painting was upside down, not me.
Recently, I did the same thing for much of this painting of Clark.

Here is the sequence of Clark's portrait.

Initial sketch, 7" x 5"


Sketch on canvas - remember, this was actually upside-down.



Clark   13 x 18 (approx)  Oil on canvas


And here are both brothers together.


No comments: