Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.14.2014

Rainy Day! Plover day!



Plein Rein painters did not go out today, 
although I went to our Saturday meeting place and was totally ready to go! 
I decided not to go by myself. 
It was quite nasty with wind AND rain this morning, but I was ready to go!

 So I painted on this little guy. Inside. Dry and warm.
I have never done anything like this before and it was very interesting challenging.
Looking at the real thing, my paint job is rather stylized, but not simplistic.

It is almost like the transition between the non-breeding to the breeding plumage.
I enjoyed it. Maybe Matt (my husband) will let me paint another bird one day!






Today a lady wrote to Matt and said she wanted to buy a decoy carving! 
She lives in Massachusetts!! 
She found more of his work at WorkingBirdsDecoys and you also can check it out. He will be working on his website - or at least his "associate" 
will be working to develop his website in the near future.


Thanks for viewing this little blog.

No comments: