Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

4.25.2015

Early spring at the Mendenhall Glacier


Overwhelming magnificence!


Juneau's Plein Rein Painters painted at the Mendenhall Glacier this morning. 
Some did very well capturing the scene ... I was one who was quite bowled over 
(again) at how beautiful it was at our "drive-up" glacier.

So as others painted view slices to narrow the scene
- I zoomed in on an ice berg!
and also since I had them, decided to use pastels ... what the heck.


This was the set up and scene. The chunk of ice I was painting is rather small in the photo.

in process

When I got the painting home, my husband said, "Looks like a big frog..."
and ... and ... it does! So I didn't fight it, silly thing.
It just is.

Icey Frog           Pastel on Wallis paper         8 x 10  

The Tlingit people of Alaska have a Legend about Frogs, believing they are good luck. I am happy that this frog wanted to be painted, lucky me!

Thank you and may you find frogs in unexpected places too.



No comments: