Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

7.15.2015

On with the triptych! Day 1


"Art is made by ordinary people."
- from the book Art & Fear, by Bayles/Orland 

I page through this book when a niggling cell of fear is bubbling up to the surface at the start of a painting.  
I (usually) do not let the thing get a breath of air!
(my painting motto, after all, is Be Fearless)

But ... there is still a niggling.

Reading this -

"If art is made by ordinary people, then you'd have to allow that the ideal artist would be an ordinary person too, with the whole usual mixed bag of traits that real human beings possess. This is a giant hint about art, because it suggest that our flaws and weaknesses, while often obstacles to our getting work done, are a source of strength as well." (my underline)

- gets me going!

(that Nike bumper sticker helps, too)

I have to back way up to get the whole canvas in the photo.

My set-up ... looks rather neat right now but it was a huge mess earlier.


By the way, the book I am quoting is so great, you should read it, because -

"Life is short, art long, opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous, judgement difficult."
- Hippocrates (460-400 B.C.) - from page 1.

Thank you for following along with me as I learn about art.

No comments: