Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

10.24.2015

90th Birthday Celebrations!



Just returned from a great trip to Oregon to celebrate my Dad's 90th Birthday! 
He doesn't look 90, nor does he act 90! I am so lucky!









I took him (& Mom) this painting I did while visiting in June:

Home    8 x 10 inches    plein air oil on prepared birch panel

 Matt made the frame, I stained it with ebony (sort of gray) 
and it turned out nicely. Also gave a print to each sibling (2).

I thought I had posted this painting before but I guess not. 


 The roses were still blooming! My darling mother is too!

While we were in Oregon we drove to the beach! This is Pacific City.

Ok, guess I'd better get back to work.

Thanks for checking in!






8 comments:

Adriana Guidi said...

Lovely piece!!!

Teri said...

Thanks very much Adriana!

Chris Lally said...

No, your dad does not look like a 90 year old. Your mom is beautiful, too. A great painting you graced them with. Lovely post!!

Teri said...

Thank you Chris - hope those longevity genes are strong in me too!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You mix fantastic greens, Teri. Your painting is wonderful.
Your parents look like they both have terrific genes. Lucky you.

Teri said...

Julie - thank you! If I remember correctly, I used a limited palette for that painting because I was traveling.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Happy Birthday to your DAD!
I wish you and your family all the best!
The painting is a real BEAUTY!!!!

Teri said...

Thanks so much for your nice comments!