Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

11.13.2015

Charlotte the Cat, a painting


My daughter commissioned this painting for her friend as a wedding present.

This is the progression of the painting from a photo:

charcoal grid drawing

grisaille, kind of



Charlotte the Cat       8 x 6         oil on Arches Huille Paper
 b & w


the damage

Astonishing size of this cat! The girl is of a normal-size, like 5'3" or so. 
This little painting was fun to do. Husband made a 1/2" frame that I painted black.

The wedding symbolism is the two bowls in the corner.

Thank you so much for viewing my art!




No comments: