Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

2.25.2016

February Daisies still life painting



This painting is finished 
and has a new home - (thank you Cheri!)

I wanted to show you how the progression, well ... progressed!
It began like this. 
I had a Masonite board that I painted with some abstract shapes:


I had a very nice bouquet of daisies and Alstroemeria (Peruvian Lily).








February Daisies     Oil on Masonite      18 x 12 inches


Matt made my frame. 
I put an Ebony stain with some red paint splotched on the inner portion:






I am very happy with the result.

Thanks for checking in and viewing my art!





2 comments:

Helen Cooper said...

Wow ! I love this colourful floral painting. To see the progress was very interesting too?

To answer your question about the watersoluble oils, I used Windsor and Newton Artisan. I also recommend using the Artisan thinner as well in spread of just plain tap water. The paints work much better. I used a quick drying medium too, also by W&N artisan, but I mixed a lot of thinner with it because it is very think. Hope that helps !

Teri said...

Thank you for your comment on this painting - and much appreciation too for letting me know your preference with ws oils!