Dear painters, art aficionados, and art explorers everywhere. I would never have guessed this journal would keep my interest for so long! Join me as I learn about the processes of painting, drawing and at times, the history of art.
My website is: terirobusstudio.com

6.20.2016

Equine Challenge - 2


 So on top of the black gesso on the boards, went the lighter color, 
getting the shapes dialed in so it looked like a horse ...




Adding the color and figuring out what to do with the large blank back wall ... 
I decided that there was a window in the back of the stall. 
How to paint it so that it looks like a window and not a painting hanging there, 
was harder than it sounded.

This is what it looked like on my easel.


 This version totally seemed as if a painting was hanging on the wall behind the horse.


 This one is much better.


Confident    oil on wood,  15 x 21 inches


Ta da! 
First time I have ever painted a horse portrait! 
I have to admit it was fun, and I believe the horse looks happier than the photo.

Thanks for viewing my painting efforts.
I would love to read your comments and I will answer them too!




No comments: