My sis commissioned me to create a painting of this photo she snapped of her friend's horse.
I do not, and she did not, know the horse's name.
I told her that I thought the horse looked a little concerned in this photo.
She said it was - because the owners were not there yet
and the horse did not know my sister and her husband.
My sister thought the painting would be/look cool on some barn-type wood,
so we found a pallet and my husband broke it up, planed the pieces (5) and put together the support.
It turned out to be approx 15" x 21" - about the size she envisioned.
This is the "canvas" (the pallet boards) which was first covered with Kilz and then black Gesso.
I gridded it and used this photo to set the drawing.
I used ValueViewer to get an idea of the darkest, middle and lightest areas in the photo.
Next posts will show the progression.
Thanks for checking in!